Denise describes her role as, “doing a lot of the non-Jesusy stuff around Journey that can get lost in the shuffle.” She works hard to make sure our property and facilities are not just maintained but improved upon and always available for anyone to use.
Denise earned a B.S. in public administration, which prepared her to help us keep everything running smoothly at Journey.
Outside of Journey, Denise spends most of her time raising her three children.
Denise has been a familiar face here at Journey since 2018 when she began working with parent’s day out and Journey Kids. She officially joined the staff as the Ministry & Facilities Manager in September 2020.
- Hometown: Waco, Texas.
- Family: Married Kevin in 2011 and has 3 kids; Kadin 2006, Arden 2014 and Rowan Earl 2017.
- Favorite Bible verse: Ezekiel 36:26 “I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.”
- Favorite local restaurant: El Conquistador– but only the one in Bellmead.
- Famous nonbiblical person I’d like to meet: That’s hard to say. I already know so many interesting people.
- Guilty pleasure: Taking a break from life and going for a drive all by myself in the middle of nowhere, windows down with awesome loud jams!
- Fun fact: Before moving to China Spring in 2017 Denise served on the Lacy Lakeview City Council, a small town north of Waco.