W.G. is the worship and discipleship pastor at Journey. W.G. understands the importance of gathered devotion with Jesus followers, but he also believes honoring God is much more than a Sunday morning event. It’s a life lived under the lordship of Jesus, which is what makes discipleship so important. As disciples of Jesus, people grow in their knowledge of the truth and in their love for God. W.G. says, “If you ever have a Bible question and want to get way too long of an answer, let’s talk. Or if you play an instrument or sing and just want to jam for a while, swing by Journey one afternoon and we’ll make some music.”
W.G. earned an M.A. in religion from Emmanuel Christian Seminary and Baylor University, with a focus in biblical studies and biblical languages. W.G. also teaches biblical studies and languages for Dallas Christian College in Farmers Branch, Texas. He has been serving in ministry for more than 25 years.
W.G. joined Journey staff as the worship and discipleship pastor in April 2014.
- Hometown: Edon, Ohio.
- Family: Married Tammy in 1991. Two children – Autumn (1995) and Jeff (1999).
- Favorite Bible verse: Ecclesiastes 12:12 “Be warned, my son, of anything in addition to them. Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body.”
- Favorite local restaurant: 1424.
- Famous nonbiblical person I’d like to meet: Abraham Heschel.
- Guilty pleasure: The movie Dirty Work starring Norm MacDonald.
- Fun Fact: Saw Pink Floyd in concert on their final tour.