Lindsey is the children’s pastor at Journey. She strives to let kids have fun while learning about Jesus and about the truths of the Bible. Not just a pastor to kids, Lindsey understands the scope of her ministry includes the entire family. With three children of her own, Lindsey knows “it takes a village,” and is readily available to any child or parent who needs a sounding board or just a friend.
As the executive director of Mama Bear Apologetics and a member of the Pelican Project, she’s also well-equipped to help you find resources so that you can confidently answer your kids’ questions about following Jesus.
Lindsey earned a master’s degree in apologetics and ethics from Denver Seminary. She also contributed a book chapter to The Popular Handbook of World Religions (Harvest House, 2021). Lindsey is an author and assistant consulting editor for the Christian Research Journal.
Lindsey joined Journey staff in 2020 as the children’s pastor in Journey Kids.
- Hometown: Laredo, Texas.
- Family: Married Jay in 2007. Three daughters, Kaelin (2007), Thalia (2011) and Annabeth (2013).
- Favorite Bible verse: Jeremiah 1:5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart…”
- Favorite local restaurant: Griff’s.
- Famous nonbiblical person I’d like to meet: world religion expert Win Corduan (I co-taught a virtual world religion class with him in April 2021, but I’d love to have coffee with him in person one day).
- Guilty pleasure: Watching the Great British Bake Off.
- Fun fact: I love reading and will often have two or three books going at the same time. We have a home library with more than 2,000 books!