Landon is the lead pastor at Journey. His greatest joy is watching people move from brokenness into freedom because of their decision to follow Jesus. He is passionate about connecting with people through relationships to cultivate this life of freedom. You can often find him at lunch or coffee or in his office, deep in these conversations.
Landon earned an M.A. in religion from the Abilene Christian University and completed a certificate program in Christian spiritual formation from the Apprentice Experience at Friends University.
Landon serves on the Board of Directors for Nexus: Church Planting and Leader Care, which is actively planting churches and coaching church planters in North America. He is also the author of Reckless Pursuit: God's Story of Relentless Love.
Landon joined Journey staff in May 2009, as the community & leadership pastor. He became the lead pastor at Journey in April 2011.
- Hometown: La Junta, Colorado.
- Family: Married Kristen in 1996. Three children – Brady (1999), Reagan (2002) & Brycen (2008).
- Favorite Bible verse: John 17:3 “Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.”
- Favorite local restaurant: Cricket’s.
- Famous nonbiblical person I’d like to meet: Malcolm Gladwell.
- Guilty pleasure: Cigars and coffee on the back porch.
- Fun fact: Loves renovating houses with Kristen.