Jamie is the office administrator at Journey. She says that she learns something new every day at work as she strives to keep things running smoothly.
Jamie is the first-person people encounter when they visit the office, and she enjoys welcoming them and helping them feel at home when they come into the church. She says her calling at Journey is, “to put a smile on a face, bring on a laugh and to make people feel valued.”
Jamie took classes at McLennan Community College and Baylor with plans to become a medical professional. However, when her children were born, she decided to stay home to raise and nurture her growing family.
When she’s not at Journey, Jamie and her husband enjoy gardening, tending to their chickens and completing other do-it-yourself projects on their homestead.
Jamie began working at Journey in October of 2010 as a parent’s day out teacher. She transitioned into the office administrator position in June of 2014.
- Hometown: Waco, Texas.
- Family: Married Danny in 1999. Four children - Myah (2000), Mason & Mabry (2002) and Miller (2005).
- Favorite Bible verse: Joshua 24:15 “But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord .”
- Favorite local restaurant: El Conquistador (Bellmead location).
- Famous nonbiblical person I’d like to meet: Robin Williams.
- Guilty pleasure: Starbucks.
- Fun fact: Jamie is a “chicken lady,” and she loves to garden.