Darin Hollingsworth is our Connections Pastor at Journey. He has a genuine heart for people. The thing that excites him most is helping people find a connection with God and others.
His passion and role at Journey is to help people discover next steps in their faith. Whether to introduce them to a relationship with Jesus to the first time or pointing them to a place experience community and service. Most days he is found having coffee with folks learning more about them. Don’t hesitate to shoot Darin an e-mail or approach him on Sunday morning to schedule a time to meet.
Darin has his BA from Puget Sound Christian College, with a focus on the Bible and Preaching. He has served in the vocational Ministry for over 30 years. With 26 of it in Student Ministries.
Darin is the newest addition to our staff, joining us on July 1, 2022.
- Hometown: Edmonds, Washington (North of Seattle in the Pacific North West).
- Family: Married Deborah in 1990. Two children - Jesse (1995) and Alana (1999).
- Favorite Bible verse: 2 Corinthians 12:9 “But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is perfected in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest on me.”
- Favorite local restaurant: On the Border
- Famous nonbiblical person I’d like to meet: Dustin Pedroia, a former professional baseball player for the Boston Red Sox, from 2006 to 2019.
- Guilty pleasure: Binge watching a series on Amazon Prime.
- Fun Fact: still enjoys Legos.