Bethany is the director of our Parent’s Day Out program at Journey. Bethany has a passion for introducing children to how amazing Jesus is and helping them learn how to follow him. She also has a heart for supporting families in growing stronger together.
Bethany uses her spiritual gifts of encouragement and exhortation to help those around her realize that living a full life in Jesus is possible. Bethany’s goal for PDO is to let it be a vessel for God’s Spirit to move in the lives of our teachers, children and families!
Bethany has had more than 25 years of experience in children’s ministry, and she has hands-on experience of managing programs from her time serving as the business and facilities manager for a private school in the Houston area.
Bethany gives her time to the China Spring Elementary, where her daughter attends school. She also supports Christian community development through Mission Waco.
Bethany joined the Journey staff as Parent’s Day Out Director in June 2021.
- Hometown: New Braunfels, TX.
- Family: Married Alec in 2007. One Daughter – McKenzie (2015).
- Favorite Bible verse: 2 Corinthians 12:9-10.
- Favorite local restaurant: Clay Pot.
- Famous non-biblical person I’d like to meet: JJ Heller (I’m pretty sure we’d be friends).
- Guilty pleasure: Period pieces on TV and High Fantasy on my Kindle.
- Fun Fact: I had the “Bob Ross” hairdo when I was 12, unintentionally.